Mentioned in the video:
FastLane Millionaire Audio book:
Summary of the chapter from the book discussing this topic:
CHAPTER 44: CHOOSE MONOGAMY OVER POLYGAMY
No horse gets anywhere until he is harnessed. No steam or gas ever drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined. ~ Harry Emerson Fosdick
Chapter 44 Quotes and Highlights
- A scattered focus leads to scattered results. Instead of one business that thrives, the polygamist-opportunist has 20 businesses that suck. Ten businesses earning $10,000 cumulatively are not better than one business that does it singlehandedly. When you segregate your effort among assets, you build weak assets. Weak assets don’t do heavy lifting, and they don’t build strong pyramids.
- To hit the top of your game, business or otherwise, you have to eat, live, and shit your thing. If you’re dabbling in 10 different things, your results will be dabbling and unimpressive. Focus on one thing and do it in the most excellent way.
- Fastlane success comes from monogamy; not split attentions among wives and mistresses. It’s marriage. Yes, good old-fashioned monogamy. Focus on one Fastlane business and kick ass at it.
Chapter Summary: Fastlane Distinctions
- Tekel Syndrome sufferers are polygamist-opportunists who opportunity hop.
- A weak business commitment commits you to weak assets.
- Weak assets do not accelerate wealth.
- The most successful entrepreneurs lived their business and were 100% committed to it.
- Successful business monogamy can lead to successful business polygamy.
See the full typed summary, courtesy of: